Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blessing 93- 1 Chronicles 12:18

Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the Thirty, and he said: "We are yours, O David! We are with you, O son of Jesse! Success, success to you, and success to those who help you, for your God will help you." So David received them and made them leaders of his raiding bands. (1 Chronicles 12:18)

Loneliness can kill sometimes and David experienced that in his life after fleeing from Saul. Yet God arranged for brave men to team up with him and fight his enemies.
Sometimes in our Christian walk, we may encounter loneliness. Perhaps even when we have all our relations nearby, we may feel lonely because there is no one to say a kind word to us.

David was suspicious of the fellows wanting to join him too, because one of them could tell Saul of his whereabouts. In such circumstances David trusted in the Lord.
To some he said,
"If you have come to me in peace, to help me, I am ready to have you unite with me. But if you have come to betray me to my enemies when my hands are free from violence, may the God of our fathers see it and judge you." (1 Chronicles 12:17)

The words of Amasai must have strenghened David a lot.
Amasai said,
"We are yours, O David! We are with you, O son of Jesse! Success, success to you, and success to those who help you, for your God will help you."
If you are feeling lonely today, I pray that the Lord gives you Christian friends who speak kindly to you and strengthen you with their words and actions. God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment