Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessing 67- Numbers 23:20

I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it. (Numbers 23:20)

King Balak hired Balaam to curse Israel, but God did not allow Balaam to curse. Here we read Balaam telling Balak that he has received a command to bless and that God has blessed Israel and he could not change it.

People of God should remember that God has blessed them and no one can change it, except for, they themselves. God has given us His Word and the Holy Spirit to guide us each day of our lives here on earth.

Jesus promised:
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. (John 10:27-29)

No one can snatch us out of the Father's hand, but some believers take things for granted and walk out of the Father's hand and His protection and become easy prey for the devil.

Balaam could not curse Israel though he tried many times and from different places. Then he devised another plan to get Israel to sin and fall into disfavor with God. That's read in Revelation Ch. 2,v.14
"Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality. (Revelation 2:14)"

God punished the Israelites for this sin of theirs and many died.

As long as we stay in the Father's hands we are blessed and no curse can come upon us. The Father's hands- thats where all our blessings are.

No comments:

Post a Comment