Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blessing 115- Job 9:27, 28

If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,' I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent. (Job 9:27, 28)

Job wanted to desperately smile despite his misery, yet he knew that it was not going to be a "smile because of true joy" but a "smile that momentarily hid his pain"

Interestingly, behind many a smile hides many sorrows. You experience it at some time or the other in this life that we live on earth.
Job had tried to prove himself innocent before God. He had no lawyer, so he argued his case with his friends and with the Almighty.
It didn't seem to be working though.

It is easy figuring things out when all is going well for the believer. Then comes a time when things go wrong and you can't figure out anything. There will be no dearth of advice though, yet nothing will work till God holds out the golden sceptre.

Job finally was set free from his misery not because of his arguments, but because God's time of deliverance had arrived.

What's the time now? Too late you may say, as Mary and Martha said when Jesus came to Bethany to raise up Lazarus. Hang on..Just hang on..Deliverance may just be around the corner, so hang on to the faith that you have left, even though it may be as fragile as a single strand of thread. Don't give up. Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment