Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing 42- Jeremiah 17:7, 8

Jeremiah 17:7, 8
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

There’s a basic difference in the someone saying, “I am fully confident that this will happen n my life” and “I am fully confident that the Lord will make this happen in my life”

Statement ‘one’ exudes confidence in one’s own ability and the ‘other’ confidence and trust in the Lord. The Apostle Paul realized this and so he wrote, “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9, 10)
If you are like a tree planted by the water, that means drawing your nourishment regularly from the Word of God; even when problems come, the Word that is there inside you will strengthen you to overcome the adversities and bear fruit that is lasting. May Jesus bless you this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment