Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing 20- Judges 5:24

Judges 5:24
Most blessed of women be Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, most blessed of tent-dwelling women.

It doesn’t take much time for God to exalt someone if He wishes. Here’s a woman who did not flinch when she had to do the required. She hammered a tent peg into the enemy’s skull. I am not advising you women who are reading this to do that. On the contrary, I advice you to do that which God has called you to. Don’t waste that talent that God has given you. Put it to use and glorify God. And men, if God has endowed you with power, don’t stand in the shadow of someone else and see someone else being exalted by God. Deborah the prophetess, who at one time led Israel, instructed Barak to go and war against the Canaanites and capture Sisera, the commander of their army. She gave him the Lord’s counsel that God would surely give the enemy into his hands. But this is what Barak replied. “If you go with me, I will go; but if you don’t go with me, I won’t go.”
And this is what Deborah had to say in return. “Very well, I will go with you. But because the way you are going about this, the honor will not be yours, for the Lord will hand Sisera to a woman. The rest as the say is history, of how God allowed a woman called Jael to finish off Sisera, the commander of the Caananite army. (If you have not read that part in the Bible, just go to Judges Chs. 4 & 5.)

After the whole thing was over, I believe Barak must have said many times, “If only I had……If only I had……”Let that not happen in your case my friend. Just go out and do what God has called you to. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment