Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessing 79- Psalm 41:11

I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me. (Psalm 41:11)

The enemy tries to play on our thought processes and he often succeeds in bringing depression and anxiety in our lives. Sometimes nothing that we do seems to work. We pray faithfully, praise & thank God, worship, read the Word, fast, do good to others,etc. etc. yet we encounter delays in our prayers being answered. And then comes frustration which makes us think that all that we do is no good.

Have you experienced or are experiencing such a situation?

It's not going to last for a long time dear Brother, dear Sister. It's just a limited period of time during which we must continue to live faithfully to God and we will surely see His deliverance.

Frustrations come to all of us. It's just a part of life. More important is what we do with these frustrations! We can overcome them by prayer and waiting upon the Lord or we can go in to sin and then blame the frustrations for sinning.

Of course, the Lord understands our frustrating situations. He had gone through it several times when He was doing ministry for 3 1/2 years.

Even the Apostle Paul experienced it. He wrote thus;
At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. (2 Timothy 4:16,17)

Remember, the Lord is with you and will give you the required strength to overcome what you are experiencing today. So cheer up; Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment