Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessing 76- Jeremiah 20:14

Cursed be the day I was born! May the day my mother bore me not be blessed! (Jeremiah 20:14)

Jeremiah is lamenting because of the great number of problems and persecution he is facing as a prophet of God. Some of us, when we experience distressing problems in our lives lament like Jeremiah: it was better if I was not born.

It's not surprising that Jeremiah is lamenting thus because he faced a lot of rejection. Read what he says,
"For twenty-three years - from the thirteenth year of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah until this very day - the word of the LORD has come to me and I have spoken to you again and again, but you have not listened." (Jeremiah 25:3)

Quite natural, I would say, his complaining. There are wives who have tried to reason with their husbands and parents who have tried to persuade their children to follow godly ways but failed.

But our God is a just God. He will not let you down. He says,
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)"

He also says,
"No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17)"

So be strengthened this day. The Lord loves you with an everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment