Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing 46- 1 Chronicles 16:43

1 Chronicles 16:43
Then all the people left, each for his own home, and David returned home to bless his family.

That’s a really good thing to do- bless your family. There are many Christians who return home from work and then release all their pent up frustrations (acquired in the work place and while traveling) at home and upon their family.

I have heard of a story wherein a man who toiled all through the day used to do a strange thing on returning home each evening. He wore a necktie to work each day and on returning home, before he set foot in his house, he used to hang this tie on a tree nearby and then enter his house.

One day, a friend of his saw him doing this strange thing and asked him why he did that and in reply he said “All through the day, as I work, a lot of anger and frustration builds up in me and to see to it that I don’t release all this on my family, I do this to remind me
that none of this is their fault and I must leave all this outside before I enter my house so that there can be peace and joy.”

Perhaps some of us can learn from this. Let us return to bless our families and not bring strife. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment