Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing 30- John 20:29

John 20:29
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

We are all familiar (If you are not, read John Ch.20) with the story of Thomas- disciple of Jesus- called Doubting Thomas by some. Thomas took a decision- “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.” He needed a triple confirmation to believe. He wanted to see the nail marks, put his hand where the nails had pierced and put his hand into Jesus’ side. Well, it takes much for some to believe. I guess the other disciples must have said, “Suit yourself.”

The problem that we face when we say words of unbelief is that it’s heard by the Lord too and that’s what we see in the case of Thomas too. A week later when Jesus came and stood in their midst again, He knew He had to deal with Thomas’ doubt and He didn’t mince words when He said, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” In plain words Jesus was saying, “Do you need any more proof, brother.” Some people keep searching for proofs all the time, when facts stare them in the face. To such the Lord says, “Stop doubting and believe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment