Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessing 57- Psalm 109:28

They may curse, but you will bless; when they attack they will be put to shame, but your servant will rejoice. (Psalm 109:28)

David laments in this psalm about the hatred that his foes have towards him and then cries out for help from God.

He starts of by singing, "O God, whom I praise, do not remain silent, for wicked and deceitful men have opened their mouths against me; they have spoken against me with lying tongues. With words of hatred they surround me; they attack me without cause. In return for my friendship they accuse me, but I am a man of prayer. (Psalm 109:1-4)

Notable here is the last part of verse 4 where he says, "In return for my friendship they accuse me, but I am a man of prayer"
Not many believers can really join with David and say, "I am a man/ woman of prayer"
Why do believers spend so little time in prayer when they know that persistent prayer is what brings results? satan is only too happy when believers don't pray. he knows they are easy prey for him when they don't pray.

Nights are good time for spending quality time with the Lord, unless you are working at nights, in which case part of your daytime should be spent in prayer.
David was a man of prayer, a man who was after God's own heart and it's no wonder that God exalted him. God honors prayer and persistent prayer brings results.

The title of Psalm 18 reads, "For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul."
Truly, David was a man of prayer and we can do well to be the same. May the Holy Spirit help each one of us to be men and women of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment