Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing 52- Exodus 32:29

Exodus 32:29
Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."

This is the blessing that God conferred on the tribe of Levi because they took a decision not to stand with idol worshippers. When most of the Israelites were dancing and creating a ruckus around the golden calf that Aaron had made, Moses declared, "Whoever is for the LORD, come to me." And all the Levites rallied to him. (Exodus 32:26)


There are many so called Christians who like the other 11 tribes even now stick on to their worldly ways, even idol worship, when God has called them to live a life of consecration. As Paul the apostle writes to the Corinthians, “What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you." "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6: 16-1

No comments:

Post a Comment