Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blessing 55- Ruth 3:9-11

Ruth 3:9-11
Who are you?" he asked. "I am your servant Ruth," she said. "Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a kinsman-redeemer." "The Lord bless you, my daughter," he replied. "This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character.

The last part of v.11 has Boaz saying, “All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character.”
If a believer has a noble character, it will be very evident in the way he/she goes about living their daily life. We won’t have to prove our nobility, it will be clear to other believers in the way we dress, speak and deal with others. There are some who use the perpendicular pronoun “I” much in their talks. You can be sure that such are not anywhere near being noble. “I did that..”…”I said that….”…”I know….”…”I am the only….” Such will be their talks often.
Ruth had suffered and was willing to go the 2nd mile for her mother-in-law’s sake. Not only Boaz, but all the townsmen knew that she was of a noble character. Words spoken with humility and actions that convey the same message are the traits that go about in making a person one of noble character. May the Lord help us to be like that. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment