Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blessing 70- Acts 20:35

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' (Acts 20:35)

The Apostle Paul here mentions something the gospel writers have not mentioned i.e. Jesus saying, " It is more blessed to give than to receive."

Believers argue about so many topics in forums or otherwise depending upon their knowledge or what the Lord has revealed to them. Some things that we experience in our walk with God may not be experienced by our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Everyone may not speak in tongues, everyone may not see dreams or visions, everyone may not prophesy.
Those who experience things from the Lord know that it is legitimate and true, while those who do not experience the same may argue that such a thing does not exist. It doesn't mean that they are less spiritual, it's just that God may have blessed them in certain other areas of their spiritual life, perhaps like a- more knowledge of the Word or something else.

Sometimes it's better to keep certain things between us and God for others may not understand it.
It would have been difficult for Mary to explain how she was with child without knowing any man. Would others believe? Would others understand?

For a long time, I used to keep warning believers about a worldwide ministry where there were a lot of so called miracles and "Slain in the spirit" that it was not from God but satanic because the Lord had shown it to me through several dreams. Not many believed and even now don't believe.
Then one night, I saw another dream. Actually the preceding evening, i happened to have dinner with another servant of God and while we were discussing things, the matter of this ministry came up and he said his opinion in favor and I told him what the Lord had shown me. Finally as we departed I told him, "If you do not believe what I say, just ask the Lord whether what I say is true or not."

That night as I slept; in the dream, I happened to be standing in a place attending to my daily chores and suddenly Jesus came near me (in the dream I knew it was Jesus). He smiled and all He said was, 'I have not revealed this to everyone, hinting to me about what I had spoken the preceding evening.'

God has His ways and may not reveal everything to even the greatest of prophets. That's what Elisha once said,
"When she reached the man of God at the mountain, she took hold of his feet. Gehazi came over to push her away, but the man of God said, "Leave her alone! She is in bitter distress, but the LORD has hidden it from me and has not told me why." (2 Kings 4:27) (Read v. 17 onwards for more understanding of this verse)

God is God and He has His ways; we'll be still learning about Him and His ways till we step into eternity to live with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment